Five ways to wellbeing - Take Notice
Whether you are walking to school, eating lunch or talking to friends. Take a moment or two to be aware of the world around you and what you are feeling.
Pausing to really take notice like this be very relaxing and calming
Some people call this 'being Mindful' or 'Mindfulness'.
Ways to take notice:
- Take notice of how you are feeling at this very moment, watch your thoughts and feel the sensations in your body.
- Try looking at something right you see all the time (whatever is in front of you right now!) Look at the detail. See anything you haven’t noticed before?
- Take a different, more beautiful route to or from school
- Stop and really take in your surroundings
- Reflect on the positives, what can you be grateful for? – there is always something
- Take notice of what you are thinking. Not to judge or be hard on yourself, but just to be more aware of what you are thinking
- Really savour every mouthful of your lunch, noticing the texture, flavour, how the food feels, tastes
- Consider your strengths and how you make the most of them.
- Think about who inspires you and why
- Notice your neighbours and people around you
- Notice wild flowers and where they grow
- Watch animals and birds outside
- Think about what your parents / carers do for you
- Pretend you are someone else and reflect on what they would think about you
- Plan for the future and where you’d like to be in 5 years time
- Do some people watching in the middle of town or in the park
- Try a new food and then notice how different it tastes and feels