Five ways to wellbeing - Give
Do something nice for a friend, help out home, thank someone, smile, volunteer your time, join a community group, look out, as well as in.
Any acts of kindness, whether small or large can make you feel happier and more satisfied about life.
Ways to give:
- Smile and be willing to give your time to a conversation
- Check up on a friend
- Say thank you to someone who has helped you. Send a text, or message or write them a letter to show how much it meant to you.
- Give unwanted items to a local charity shop
- Donate your time to do something for someone else; help out a neighbour; carry shopping or offer to baby-sit
- Offer to help your parents or people you live with round the house
- Bake a cake and give it to someone
- Do some volunteering
- Help out at a local fete or event
- Nominate someone for an award
- Give some food to a food bank
- Give someone a hug
- Be a mentor for someone
- Raise money for charity
- Help an elderly neighbour
- Be a good role model
- Stop to help someone struggling with their bags up some stairs.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Do a chore for your family.
- Say thank you to someone publicly.
- Learn how to put someone in the Recovery Position
- Give your pocket money to someone who needs it more than you
- Give yourself some time to relax
- Take action to improve your area e.g. suggest ideas for reducing crime, help to clean up graffiti or pick up litter in the park
- Volunteer for an extra responsibility at school or college